Phil 3:10- That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
- Paul understood the power of the resurrection.
Romans 6:8- Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
1 Corinthians 6:14- And God hath both raised up the Lord, and will also raise up us by his own power.
Colossians 3:4- When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- It’s very clear that because Christ rose from the grave, we as Christians will also arise.
John 5:24-29- Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. 25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live. 26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; 27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man. 28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
- Amen means that you agree or so be it.
- What Jesus was about to say was factual and true. Jesus knew it was true from first-hand knowledge.
This morning we are going to look at three simple thoughts from this passage.
First, death is not the end of our existence.
- The grave is not the end. There is more beyond the grave.
- Where will you spend eternity?
Secondly, beyond the grave there are two forms of existence.
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17- For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
- As Christians, we will spend eternity with the Lord.
- We will be reunited with loved ones and those who have gone before us.
- As a believer death is not to be feared, instead, it is the door to Heaven for eternity.
Lastly, our destiny depends on our personal relationship with God.
- The only thing that matters is our personal relationship with God.
John 5:24-Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
- As a believer you don’t have to wait for everlasting life, we have everlasting life.
- Jesus is the giver of spiritual life. It’s your decision, nobody else’s. We have a free will to make decisions on our own.
- To accept or deny Christ is a very serious decision, a life changing decision.
Romans 5:12- Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:
Romans 3:10- As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- What kind of relationship do you have with Christ? Do you have a relationship with Him at all? It’s the most important decision you will ever make.
Revelation 1:18- When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.
- Everyone will rise one day and it will be your decision if you spend eternity in Heaven or Hell.
- Have you made the life changing decision to accept Christ as your savior?
Do you know Christ as your Savior? Do you know for sure you are going to heaven when you die? You can know for sure you are going to heaven and that your sins are forgiven!
Questions? Contact us!