- Today is Sanctity of Human Life Sunday.
- Churches all over America will do three things this Sunday:
- Celebrate God’s gift of life.
- Commemorate those that have lost their lives.
- Commit themselves to protecting the sanctity of human life.
- With that being said, abortion is on the decline in America.
- A baby is not a mistake, a problem, burden, accident or punishment. A baby is a miracle.
Genesis 1:27- So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
- No matter the situation we are never to play God when it comes to life.
Jeremiah 1:4-5 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.
Three takeaways from today’s passage.
First, an unborn child is a person.
- As Christians, what are we supposed to do about it?
- Support pro-life organizations.
- VS 5- “I knew thee”
PS 139:14- I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
Luke 18:15- And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
Luke 2:16- And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger.
Luke 1:41- And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:
- In those verses God uses the same word in the greek (brephos) for an unborn baby, infant and toddler.
- An unborn baby is a person!
Secondly, each person is a special creation with a special purpose.
- Jeremiah was set apart for a specific purpose; a prophet. VS 5
- Every person God creates is special.
- You are special in the eyes of God.
Exodus 4:10- And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
- No matter what, God has a plan for your life. We are all special in the eyes of God.
Thirdly, to kill an unborn child is to kill a person.
Exodus 21:22-23: If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman’s husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. 23 And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life, 24 Eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, 25 Burning for burning, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
- The law of retaliation. According to these verses the unborn baby is viewed as much of a person as his mother is in regards to injury.
- Abortion is wrong!
- God’s people must be pro-life. A Christian that understands his Bible must be pro-life!
- The church must not be silent about issues like abortion.
Do you know Christ as your Savior? Do you know for sure you are going to heaven when you die? You can know for sure you are going to heaven and that your sins are forgiven!
Questions? Contact us!