Philippians 4:5b- The Lord is at hand.
- Paul was not talking about the return of Christ. Instead, Paul is talking about the presence of the Lord with us. He is always with us and strengthens us in our time of need.
Psalms 34:18a- The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart;…
Psalms 119:151a- Thou art near, O Lord;…
Psalms 145:18a- The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him,…
- Paul is writing a letter to the church at Philippi and he is telling them not to be overcome with fear, worry or anxiety because the Lord was with them.
Hebrews 13:5b- …for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
- When was the last time you paused and thanked the Lord for being a part of your life?
- God’s presence empowers us to live the victorious Christian life.
- God is with his people in the Old Testament. Here are a few examples:
- Abraham- Genesis 21:22
- Jacob- Genesis 28:16b
- Joshua- Joshua 1:5-6a
- Gideon- Judges 6:12
- Jeremiah- Jeremiah 15:20b
- Isaiah- Isaiah 43:1b-2
- Each one of these examples show us the power of the Lord in our lives.
- We can stand fast in the midst of adversity, fear, anxiety or worry with the Lord by our side.
- If you are a believer in Christ then you have the presence of God with you!
- Sometimes we don’t always feel like the Lord is with us. You can’t always trust your feelings. Feelings are subjective.
- We are so blessed to have the spirit of the Lord in our lives.
Do you know Christ as your Savior? Do you know for sure you are going to heaven when you die? You can know for sure you are going to heaven and that your sins are forgiven!
Questions? Contact us!