Motivation for Missions
There are three types of motivations:
Intrinsic motivation- Doing things in your life because you have personal values.
Extrinsic motivation- Things that motivate us from the outside.
Biblical motivation- Doing something because scripture tells us to.
Matthew 28:19-20- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Mark 16:15- And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
- In these verses God gives us a biblical command and it should motivate us that missions are important and we need to be obedient.
- Souls are eternal. Everyone has a beginning but nobody will have an end.
- Ephesians 2 gives us the condition of unsaved people.
Ephesians 2:1-3- And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
- The unsaved…
- Are spiritually dead.
- Are under the curse of the sin nature.
- How does the Holy Spirit draw people to himself?
Romans 10:17- So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- How many people have you given the word of God to over the past week?
- The conviction of the Holy Spirit will always make people feel uncomfortable.
Ephesians 4:18- Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
- The Bible is the final authority.
- The thing that blinds most people today is religion. If you do these good works well, you will go to Heaven. This is not true.
Psalms 19:1- The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
- Nature and all God made shows us there is a God.
- We need to be concerned about souls because of the coming of eternity.
Job 14:5- Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass;
- Nobody but God know when and how and where we will die.
- What part are you playing in world evangelism? Are you involved?
- Do you pray, do you give or will you go?
Do you know Christ as your Savior? Do you know for sure you are going to heaven when you die? You can know for sure you are going to heaven and that your sins are forgiven!
Questions? Contact us!